03 May 2010


Although we had a very productive weekend, I think I can honestly say that I've never done more laundry in my entire life.

I washed a lot of Brynn's clothes, all her sheets and bath towels, the Boppy cover, infant car seat cover/straps, swing, travel swing, and bouncy seat covers, etc. Everything is now all set up around the house and it's weird to look at infant stuff again! I also washed a lot of Carter's clothes and my clothes as well, so that I could start packing everything for the hospital.

And it's done. Well, for the most part.

Carter and Brynn are completely packed and ready to go. I used my new diaper bag for Brynn's stuff and then my Vera Bradley beach/duffle bag for Carter's. I was able to fit everything I needed into half of the carry-on sized rolley suitcase, and I saved the other half for Bob.

It was actually rather hard to pack for Carter, because I have no idea what the weather will be like when I go into labor. I packed him shorts outfits, jeans, pants outfits, a sweat shirt, warm pj's, cool pj's... who ever has him will think he's moving in for good! But I don't want him to be too warm or too cold... I want him to be comfy =)

I packed most of my stuff up as well, but I need to make a "last minute list" of things that I can't pack up just yet {razor, make-up, straighter, toothbrush, etc.}... stuff that I know I will completely forget if I go into labor on my own.

I've been telling Bob to start packing his stuff up as well and I don't think he really got that "sense of packing urgency" until I was having contractions that were 2 1/2 minutes apart yesterday {for a good half hour.}

He's packing today. And installing the infant carseat.

Back to the contractions...

I don't know if it's the start of labor, or just the fact that I did a lot this weekend, but they were getting pretty intense yesterday. Nothing that I couldn't walk/talk through though. I drank water and laid down and they slowed down a lot. Whew... that's good news, because I want to make it to at least 37 weeks, please!

I've also been feeling like complete crap. Nauseous, tired, run-down... just "blah." Baby girl has been feeling good though and moving around like crazy. Yesterday, I swear she was doing "the running man" in my belly.

My next appointment is on Thursday, so maybe the contractions led to more progress? We'll see. Although, because I'm 4cm/70% already, I'm not sure how much more progress I actually want before I'm in active labor. If I go in and they tell me 5cm, I think I'll faint. I'll feel like I'm walking around like a ticking bomb, ready to explode at any minute. Not to mention that work is about a 45 minute drive {without traffic} to home/the hospital.

I really don't want to deliver in the car of the side of I-95, thank you very much.

So, no more progress unless it's active labor, mmmkay?
post signature


Lacey said...

Packing is on my agenda for the day as well. Everything is washed and ready to go.

Best of luck to you in the next few days. :)

Anonymous said...

Dude. That baby is coming before the end of the week.

Kel said...

I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

Suzanne said...

I'm packed, but luckily do not have to pack anything really for Mady since she's just going on day trips to different peoples houses. I will have to get clothes out for her, otherwise Jason will have her mismatched.

I'm glad you posted something. I hadn't seen anything from you and thought you might be in labor!

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

Hope you can get everything wrapped up at work and put your feet up... a 45 minute drive when I was that effaced/dilated would scare me too..

christine52078 said...

so exciting! Can't wait to see when your little girl will arrive :)

© jenni from the blog, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by A Grande Life